About this training
- We're partnering with Maricopa County Community College District and Paradise Valley Community College to bring the Community Health Worker Certificate to you!
- Students can get certified and begin work as a Community Health Worker within a year.
- Community Health Worker serve as liaisons between health providers and the community. The duties of a Community Health worker vary from assisting individuals in adopting healthy behaviors, to implementing programs that promote and improve community health.
- Starting Community Health Worker salaries range from $18 - $21 an hour (based on median salary).
- Jobs within the field include Community Health Representatives, Patient Navigator, Family Advocate, Community Care Coordinator, Peer Educator, and Promotores de Salud.
- Community Health Workers can be found in your local healthcare institutions, assisted-living facilities, schools, and community organizations, including those pictured below.
- This program is hybrid (online and in-person courses) and can be completed in two semesters
- Courses are 8-weeks long and will be held Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- In person classes will be held at the CPLC Engagement Center located in Desert Sky Mall
- Courses start August 2023